4 Day Sacred Valley & MP
4 Day Best of Sacred Valley and MP
People often ask us for our recommendations on how to best spend a few days in Cusco, Ollantaytambo, and Machu Picchu while also seeing the local best sites economically, and with the best possible “local tips”. This suggested 4 day itinerary does exactly that !
Arrive Cusco, (be sure to ask for a seat on the Left (“izquierda”) side of the plane when checking in at Lima airport !
We will meet you at the airport with a private Engilsh speaking guide, and hop into our private vehicle for the two hour drive to Ollantaytambo and your hotel for the night. Along the way, if you wish, we can make a quick pass through the Cusco city center.
On the way to Ollantaytambo, we can also make a few stops on the drive for photographs of the awesome scenery. We’ll check in to the hotel, let you rest and unpack, then come pack in the afternoon for a visit to a place called Pumamarca, which is a pre-Incan ruin a half hour outside of town that is fun to climb around and inside of, there are rarely any other people there. Then drive back down to the hotel, where you are on your own for dinner and the rest of the night.
Visit the magnificent Ollantaytambo fortress in the morning (we include the $25 entrance fee and then have lunch at a local restaurant (also Included)
In the afternoon, we will take a drive and visit the fascinating Inca sites of Salt Mines and Moray (entrance fees also included).
After returning from the Salt Mines and Moray back to Ollantaytambo, you will have the option to leave to Aguas Calientes tonight on an early evening train, or stay in Ollanta, it is the same cost either way, just a personal choice.
Visit Machu Picchu ! We get your entrance ticket and train ticket for you. (You will have to get your bus ticket yourself as they are not available except the day of or before your visit, in the town of Aguas Calientes right in the center at the bus station) This package is for a visit on your own pace and schedule, but if you would like to add a couple of hours with an English speaking guide for $65, just let us know.
After your visit, you will take a 6pm train back to Ollantaytambo, where you can either choose to spend the night or continue onward to Cusco, either way the hotel included and it is all your choice.
Today after breakfast, our van or car will come to your hotel at the hour of your choosing for a Private Transfer to the Cusco airport If you are staying additional time in Cusco, our driver can instead give you a short , one hour driving tour around the city and outskirts, pointing out local landmarks and geographical features.
Tour cost is $799 per person, with a 2 person minimum. This package includes:
– English speaking guide, and pickup in private transport from Cusco airport Day 1; brief drive tour of Cusco and stop for breakfast (not included), and transfer to Ollantaytambo, hotel room (double occupancy) 3 star hotel. Private transfer after checkin to Pumamarca hike area and archeaological site
– English speaking guide, and private transport to Salt Mines and Moray sites on Day 2, hotel and breakfast included Day 2; Entrance fees and lunch also included
– Breakfast, Day 3
– Roundtrip train ticket to Machu Picchu from Ollantaytambo Day 3
– Machu Picchu general admission Entrance Ticket Day 3 (Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain tickets are $18 extra per ticket)
– Breakfast, Day 2
– Private transport from Cusco or Ollantaytambo hotel to Cusco airport, anytime on Day 4, or short city tour